- Email Proofs - These proofs are quick and easy to produce. Email proofs allow you to check your layout and type prior to printing. Email proofs cannot be used to check color. Because we cannot control how everyone's monitor is set to different color modes, Smart Levels Media will not be responsible for color shifts when comparing a print job to E-mail proofs. If color is an issue or a concern then an Epson proof is strongly suggested (see above). Email proofs are usually emailed to you within minutes or hours of the order submittal, but Smart Levels does request up to 24 hours to produce your email proof.
- Epson Color Proofs - This is a physical hard copy proof which is the closest matching proof offered. The proof reflects the closest rendition to color of what your order will look like after it is printed. There are a few draw backs which are inherent through the gang run printing process. Epson proofs are usually ready within hours of the order submittal, but Smart Levels does request up to 24 hours to produce your epson proof.
- Laser Layout Proofs - This is a physical hard copy proof which allow proofing of pagination. Booklets or custom orders have many files and these proofs help to ensure all files are laid out correctly. Laser proofs are usually ready within hours of the order submittal, but Smart Levels does request up to 24 hours to produce your laser proof.
- Waived - This means that you are choosing not to see a proof of your submitted order. When you choose this option you waive the right to request a reprint of your order if something should go wrong. You will take full responsibility for the cost of the order.
- Design Proofs - Free email proofs are included in our design and typesetting fees.
Please note that requesting proofs might delay your turnaround time. Turnaround will start once you approve the proofs. Please read the conditions below for more details:
Terms and conditions that pertains to Color Matching: Color Accuracy - We will reproduce color from submitted images, transparencies, slides, photos, or digital layouts as closely as possible, but cannot exactly match color and density (as viewed in a 5000K color controlled light booth) because of limitations in the printing process, as well as neighboring image ink requirements. The accuracy of each color reproduction is to be within 85-90% of the original image you submitted. We accept no responsibility for color variations between submitted images and the actual artwork or product they represent.